Wednesday, August 29, 2012

From Tree to Bench

We had a huge tree to fall down on our land.  It was big.  Big, big.  Huge. Enormous. Did I mention it was big?  It wouldn't fit in most sawmills in our area.  After exploring several avenues for getting it cut, the better half found someone who could get it cut down to make a bench out of it.

I didn't get a pic of it before it was cut for us but here is a pic of it as I was applying Cabot's Australian Timber Oil on the bark side. 



Here is a pic of the sanded side (seat) before I applied the timber oil to it.

 
Here you can see the difference from the end, which has been coated in the oil, and the top, which is about to be covered. 

 
Cabot's Australian Timber Oil
 
 
 
 
As soon as it cures properly I will post pictures of the finished bench in the yard!
 
Ok, as promised here are some pictures of the finished bench.  I let it cure while I did some "research" at the beach (wink wink)!
 


 
Of course my helper didn't want to miss a photo opportunity!

 
 
 
 I hope you like how it turned out.  It was a learning experience for me.  I am loving how it looks in the front yard. 
Stay tuned for the next project!  God Bless!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment